Before you can plan your big move, you likely have to sell your home, and before that, there are probably a few items on your to-do list to make sure you’re market ready. From freshening up your curb appeal to deep cleaning and touching up paint, there is a lot that goes into prepping your home for sale. Typically, homeowners are asked to clear the clutter or even stage their homes to help with the overall appeal of the home during the listing process, but if your home is short on storage, or there just isn’t enough space for all the clutter, finding a place to put your extra items can seem daunting. Augusta Go-Mini’s is a great solution! Whether you need storage for a few weeks or a few months, the ease of use and size options make it a great temporary storage solution for every seller! The containers are delivered to your door and are low to the ground for easy walk-in loading. With three size options, you can tackle that messy bonus room with our 12ft option or store items from throughout your home in our 20ft option, we even have a handy storage calculator to help estimate the appropriate size. Don’t worry if you don’t have space to store your Go-Mini, we have a storage facility where we can hold your items for you and our pick up service is quick and easy, just give us a call and we will schedule a delivery as soon as possible.
While it might seem like an extra expense or one more thing to worry about prior to moving, experts say that de-cluttering and staging your home can help it sell 41 days faster and for 6.3% more than homes that forgo the quick tidy up! Sounds like a pretty good return on your investment. Nervous about storing things you might need? Create a list of items and then categorize them by likelihood of use prior to your move. If you have items like extra furniture or out of season clothes you can store those items toward the back of your container while keeping items like large luggage pieces or light jackets and extra transitional season clothing items towards the front, in the event that you might need them prior to your move. Here are a few more tips to help you get your Go-Mini packed and the clutter cleared:
- Locate all items in your home that will be moved to temporary storage
- Sort like items together (usually by room)
- Pack the boxes carefully being sure to label them with the room and a list of contents for easy unpacking later
- Organize the Items for storage according to likelihood of use
- Load your container from back to front, placing items you are least likely to need toward the rear of the container
- Once your container is loaded make sure to close and lock it
- If you’d like your container stored off site, just give Augusta Go-Mini’s a call and we’d be happy to store it for you
Contact Augusta Go-Mini’s today to see how we can help you clear the clutter and prep your home for it’s upcoming sale!